WE had a great innagural year in 2019, look for updates later thiss summer for information about our 2020 fair’s event!
Automotive Barrel Racing is a new event to be held in the Grandstand this year.
Becker County Fairgrounds, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Wednesday August 7, 2019 at 7 pm
An automotive barrel race is a timed event similar to horse barrel racing using three identical barrels set in a clover leaf pattern.
|Prizes for each class:
• 1st – $50
• 2nd – $20
• 3rd – $10
• must have at least 5 entries for full pay-out
- The entry fee of $20 for each run will be paid at the time of registration and inspection.
- Contestants must be over 18 years old and a fully licensed driver. Vehicles must be insured, either individually or
under an umbrella policy; proof of insurance must be shown at time of entry registration. An exception for insurance
will be made for vehicles that are trailered to the event. Trailered vehicles are not required to be licensed.
- With the exception of race, demolition derby cars, and side-by-sides, vehicles must be run with windows in the up
position. All vehicles must be mechanically sound with no fluids leaking. Seatbelts must be in working order. Any tire
will be accepted.
- All entries must have either a roof and/or roll cage and functioning seat belts.
- All contestants must wear a helmet during their run unless their Car/Mini-Van/Pickup/SUV is properly licensed and
insured for on-road use. All UTV/Side-by-Side contestants must wear a helmet.
- Vehicles should enter the pit area via the south-east grandstand gate and park in the grassy (pit) area south of the
grandstand bleachers. Entry & exit to the course wil be on the west side of the grandstand arena.
- Vehicles that will be entered in either Friday’s or Saturday’s derby may be left in the pit area until derby day.
- The start and finish lines will be marked and will remain the same throughout the event.
- The ground conditions within the arena will remain consistent throughout the event. The ground around the barrels will
be reworked and leveled after each automotive class, depending on number vehicles. The ground will be worked by
- A contestant will be given a “no-time” for missing the pattern.
- A contestant will be disqualified for running out of turn, it is the contestant’s responsibility to know their running
- A contestant will receive a five (5) second deduct for each barrel knocked over.
- Barrels will be reset prior to each run.
- Contestants may drive any vehicle regardless of ownership and may drive as many vehicles as they choose in a class. However, a vehicle may not be driven by more than one person in a class.
- Only one vehicle may be in the arena at a time during the competition.
- Re-runs shall be granted if the timer fails to work properly or if the barrels are not placed properly on their markers. Any penalty incurred on the original run shall not be applied against the re-run; however, any penalty occurring on the re-run shall result in a five (5) second deduction.
- Vehicles should arrive at the fairgrounds by 6:00 pm for registration and inspection.
- All drivers and passengers must attend the 6:45 pm meeting by the announcer’s stand prior to race time for judge’s
rules and explanations.
- Persons not at the 6:45 pm meeting will be DISQUALIFIED!
- ALL JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL.