Becker County Fair
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Contest
Calling all baking enthusiasts! Enter the new Becker County Fair “Best Chocolate Chip Cookie” Recipe Contest and wow the judges with your version of this favorite cookie! Whip up your secret ingredient, perfect texture, or unique twist for a chance to win great prizes and eternal cookie fame! Who will claim the title of the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Champion? Grab your aprons, follow the steps below to enter, and let the baking battle begin!
PRIZES sponsored by Project 412:
Grand Prize 1st Place: $100, champion ribbon, and commemorative gift
2nd place: $50, ribbon, and commemorative gift
3rd place: $25 ribbon, and commemorative gift
Use of ingredients, flavor combinations…..25% Taste, aroma……………………………………….25% Ease of preparation………………………………25% Overall appeal, crowd pleaser………………..25%
- Bring your prepared chocolate chip cookies (6 individual cookies on a paper plate) and typed recipe to the Open Class Exhibit Building at the Becker County Fairgrounds on Thursday, July 27 between 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. No early or late entries allowed. Winners announced at 1:30 p.m. on July 27.
- Entries may be any size or shape. Entries must be delivered in disposable containers. Plates/ containers will not be returned. (No refrigeration available).
- Cookie recipe must be typed on an 8.5” x 11” paper. List all ingredients with measurements, preparation instructions, baking time, and yield. Also include your first and last name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- Recipes must be prepared by you. Using published recipes is allowed, but be sure to credit the source (i.e. note the cookbook, website, magazine, blog, etc.) that inspired your cookie creation.
- Winning recipes become the shared property of the Contest Sponsor, Becker County Fair, and winning entrant. By submitting your entry, you accept all contest rules and agree to be bound by the judges’ decision which are final. Judges are chosen by the Becker County Fair and Contest Sponsor. Entrants may be asked to sign a written consent form to participate. This contest is intended for amateur bakers (ages 14 and up, Minnesota residents only).
- Snap a photo in your kitchen or at the fair and post on social media, tagging #BeckerCountyFair, #BestCountyFairinMN, #BestChocolateChipCookie, #Project412MN
- If desired, please include any stories, comments, or background about your entry. This is not a contest requirement; your anecdote may be used in publicity if your entry is selected as a finalist.
Note: This contest is independent from the Open Class Cookie entries. You may submit the same recipe for both this contest and open class, but the above requirements must be followed for this contest.