Join us for the 13th Becker County Fair Annual Tractor parade on Saturday, July 30th, 8:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
The featured Tractor will be Minneapolis Moline. James Matter and his family are the featured drivers. This year’s parade is in memory of Robert Klein, Cam Geritz, and Mark Stalberger and in Honor of Cliff Adkins Sr.
The schedule is as follows:
8:00 A.M.: Adkins Equipment parking area north of Detroit Lakes on Richwood Road (County Road 21) will be open for participants. Note: Tractors may be brought to Adkin’s Equipment on Friday to be stored in the equipment yard where a loading dock is also available.
9:00 A.M.: A pancake and sausage breakfast, sponsored by Adkin’s Equipment, Val Seaberg, Hoffman’s Meats, Becker-Mahnomen Counties Corn and Soybeans Grower’s Assoc., Becker Co. ADA, Detroit Lakes FFA Chapter, and the Agribusiness Committee of the Regional Chamber of Commerce will be served for registered participants and support people at the dealership. DL Farnum NAPA will provide prizes for the drivers.
10:00 A.M.: Drivers and tractors should be present at Adkin’s with the Parade leaving at 10:30 A.M. The route will be south on Richwood Road to Roosevelt Ave and turn west on Willow Street to Rossman Avenue and then turn to the fairgrounds.
Lunch: the Becker County 4-H will be selling dinner at the 4-H fair food booth on the fairgrounds.
12:30 P.M. approx.: Tractors will return on their own, following traffic laws. Note: Volunteer drivers with tractors may stop at nursing homes on the return trip.
• Entry forms may be sent in or filled out at Adkin’s with driver and tractor information. Note: Entry forms will have a liability waiver form to be signed.
• Registration fee is $10.00 with $2.00 going for the purchase of a Fair button or armband.
• Additional Breakfasts can be purchased for $5.00
• Admission to the fairgrounds will be a Fair armband for tractor drivers specifically.
• Tractors of all sizes and ages with a minimum speed of 6-7 mph with rubber tires.
• No riders other than the driver on the tractor unless the tractor is equipped with an observer, belted seat. Trailers with safe seating and hitch safety chains are allowed.
• Tractors must meet the Minnesota public road travel regulations.
• Tractors should have information sheets that can be posted on the tractor at the fairgrounds.
- Tom Mack, 218-847-8196 (H) or 218-849-7379 (C)
- Ken Shroyer, 218 -847-2674 (H) or 218-849-5596 (C)
- Bruce Hein, 218-439-6621 (H)
|Event||Year||Featured Tractor||Featured Drivers||* In Memory of
+ In Honor of
|1st||2009||John Deere & Ford||Dean Nelson Family|
|2nd||2010||Massey Harris||Val Seaberg|
|3rd||2011||International Harvester & Ford||Larry & Jackie Jones|
|4th||2012||Minneapolis Moline||Gunder Hanson Family|
|5th||2013||John Deere||Roger Winter|
|6th||2014||Oliver||Greg and Lowell Aakre Family|
|7th||2015||J. I. Case||Dennis Dovre||* Roger Engstrom and Don Anderson|
|8th||2016||Allis Chalmers||Ben & Kari Sayer, Sayer Farms|
|9th||2017||Ford-New Holland||Adkins Equipment||* Sonny Hansen & Larry Jones|
|10th||2018||International Harvester||Gary Myers||* Dean Nelson|
|11th||2019||Massey Ferguson – Massey Harris||Gerald Sather|
|12th||2021||J.I.Case||Vernon Hanson||* Norman Danielson and Jeff LeTourneau|
|13th||2022||Minneapolis Moline||James Matter Family||* Robert Klein, Cam Geritz, and Mark Stalberger
+ Cliff Adkins Sr.